Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome to the new cmarchuska blog!

Hello everyone! My trip to New York was so amazing and I definitely learned a lot more about the ins and outs of running cmarchuska, along with what it's like to live in the city.

On day 1, Christine, Christine's friend Rachel, and myself ventured to the Lehigh-Starett Center to walk around the Designers and Agents Summer '09 fashion trade show. Seeing all the different vendors on display gave us plenty of ideas and inspiration to make our display at Magic all the more successful and memorable. We also met with and submitted a few samples to a family run company who specialize in eco-friendly dyes...we cannot wait to see the results of the two test t shirts in apple green and a crush (tie-die) pattern. Christine is eager to bring more color to the line; more to come on this soon! We also visited the C.L.A.S.S booth to check out some samples of new and upcoming eco-friendly fabrics. C.L.A.S.S. is an incredible resource; this organization provides eco-friendly designers with the latest and greatest fabrics and fabric suppliers from around the world.

On day 2 Christine and I did more prepping for Magic and visited the cut and sew contractor in the garment district. It was very interesting to see first hand the flurry of activity that is put into every cmarchuska piece. That night, we had some fun networking at the "How To Love Like a Hot Chick" book launch event. I had a great time with Christine and her friends and we got a lot of compliments on the cmarchuska gear we were wearing ;)

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Christine and it was really refreshing for me to live in the city for a couple days. I feel better equipped now to fulfill my role as the cmarchuska intern now that I have been "behind the scene". Thanks to Christine and the gang for making my visit super fun and worthwhile! :)

Peace!
~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment